Sunday, August 9, 2009

Woohoo!


Hello! Here is my latest card- it's a birthday card for one of my best friend's mom. Using my new Cuttlebug, of course! :) And a super cute House Mouse stamp!

Last week, I was also fortunate enough to go to some antique stores in Tonawanda! Just look at all the vintage lovelies I found!!

A gorgeously aged cyclopedia! Not only does it have a beautiful cover, but inside are great drawings and information on social etiquitte from times past.


My first vintage apron!! This apron is so pretty with its sheer sea green color and lace accents! It even has a tiny pocked edged with lace. And only $3.50!


I found an organizer for $4.00- so I finally have somewhere to put all my Copics! These small vintage frames were such a steal at only $1.50 a piece!! And at the bottom is something that looks like part of a printing press- but I don't know what it's called. I liked it because the little man on it reminds me of the Monopoly man! And I bought it for a whopping 75 cents!


3 gorgeous millinery flowers and Tons of lace!! There are 30 yards of vintage lace edging on the card alone!! And it was only $2.50!!! And THEN, I found this FREEZER BAG full of lace fabric- for only 3.50!!!!


Last, but not least, I found one of those glass Christmas pickles!!! I think it is a German tradition- but not quite sure... The tag says the pickle is hidden on the Christmas tree and the one who finds it gets a special Christmas surprise! :) Hmm.... Almost sounds like a good blog hunt for Christmas! :)
Ok... just had to share! I must now go get settled from returning from our weekend at Matt's family's cabin. As always, thanks for visiting!!








<

8 comments:

celestemlombas said...

Your card is beautiful.
The organizer you made is wonderful as well.

Diann said...

I can see that you had fun out and about in the antique stores!! Great find and great prices...can't wait to see how you use your finds! Diann

Robin said...

what great goodies! I love the card too!
I want to try copic markers one day!

{oc cottage} said...

That apron is FABULOUS!!!!

m ^..^

Winchester Manor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Winchester Manor said...

Your card is fabulous...how sweet is that adorable mouse kissing the bird!!!

Wow did you score! I love all of your new treasures!! Lucky you, can I go shopping with you?

Anonymous said...

What some awesome treasures...now go and create something and share with us...you certainly made my day with the pretty birthday card and the surprise treasure inside...thank you Julie..you are a treasure to me...for sure.
Love ya,

Jan Thomason said...

this entire post was filled with so many wonderful things!!
first, tell me who david is that got his phd. woooo hoooo for him!!

your card on this post is darling - i love it!! and your vintage finds - you go, girl!! great job:)

loved the post, julie! jan