Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lazy Summer Days...

The time is just flying by... I feel like I haven't done much lately, although I have a few projects going at once... I've actually been busy making cards. I've made 3 cards over the last week or so, but I forgot to take pictures of 2 of them. Oops!! Fortunately, I was able to get this picture of David and the card I made for him for getting his PhD.


Something you don't see too often... David actually smiling in lab! Lol :) He's been working his butt off for the last few years, so it's really great to have this picture. It's been a hard, long road. I guess most research is!

My boss called me up about 2 hours before the event and wanted me to pick up a card. I made one instead, but only had an hour to do it!! And you know me... it takes hours of thinking for me to even begin to create something... lol :) This card was pretty simple- except for I am really particular about using the embossing as a background. I have to have exactly the same number of dots (I used the swiss dot folder) on each side of the text!! I think I almost annoy myself sometimes! And I was super lucky that I picked up that ribbon along the edge at Michael's earlier that morning because that's the only navy ribbon I had!

Last night I finish this fouffy shelf.

As you can tell, I love mirabou! And pearls. And rhinestones. And shimmer.

Here it is holding some of my supply jars and vintage lace.



Pretty flowers!
It almost looks Christmas-y, don't you think? I want to make one in pink, but there is no pearl pink paint. Well, I haven't seen any at the stores... I might just have to make my own. I love the pearl paints- they really cute-n things up. Hehe, yes, I am making up my own words today. This is what happens when you don't blog for a while! lol! Have a wonderful day :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shelf is beauiful

Anonymous said...

Well finally something from my special Julie...this is awesome...you have more talent than you are aware of. I love the card too...quick work in a short amount of time...
Love you...

Anonymous said...

Your shelf is beautiful, I LOVE it!!! I have to agree with my mother, you have way more talent than you are aware of...
Hugs, Christina

Lori said...

David is really loving his card...how cute:)
your shelf is adorable!!! i love that fluffy feather trim!!!

Diann said...

Great to see your fluffy shelf and your jars filled with goodies! The card you made for Davis was just outstanding and you produced it quick...way to go! Diann

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful shelf!!! and card!! It usually takes me a long time to make one too :-))

Robin said...

Hi Julie Ann!
I got the copic marker! Whoo-hoo! Thank you so much! I can't wait to go online and see the demo's! You are so sweet and thoughtful to send it to me! I love the feel of it and how it flows! And also so sweet to include the little bundle of paper!
The shelf you made is adorable! I love white foofy fluff too!
XoXo
Robin