Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Swaps Complete!

Yeay!! I am finished with my August swaps for ArtHaven! After much thought, I finally came up with this idea for a row house.





Doesn't it look like a candy shack!! I told Diann (the one receiving my house) that she wouldn't want to move into this house because she'd be sure to gain 20lbs. lol :)





Pretty white lace accents the pink, glittery roof with gorgeous raspberry velvet ric rac. Pretty jelly beans show in the glittery windows separated by a yummy little cupcake. Lollipops greet you at the door, complete with a "candy button" doorknob!





I don't know why I do so many things with candy and treats! It just makes me hungry!!!





And last, but not least, is my finished tag!






I love the way this came out... Actually, I think it was the easiest to come together! But it sure did take the longest to figure out what I was going to do! I really had no idea how to start with this one... But then I found this ballerina girl image and everything else fit into place!


This is a digital image from a one by one sheet from LandofEnchantment. I messed around with it in Photoshop and then printed it out. The sweet little ballerina girl is all dressed up in a glittery pink outfit with pink pearls in her hair and a sparkley rhinestone earring. She's dancing to the music behind while light pink roses fall around her. Vintage cream lace and pretty rose trim edge the piece and it's finished off with pink and white baker's twine.


This week, I was also given an award from Penny and Rita!! It is so wonderful to be recognized by such outstanding artists, as well as genuinely beautiful ladies! Thank you so much!



The rules for this award are that I must list five things I love to do and then pass it along to five other people.

1. Sit and play in my crafting room!

2. Shop online

3. Eat the delicious food Mr. Pie makes me!

4. Spend time with my loved ones- online pals and animals included!

5. hmm... having a hard time coming up with something else... I guess I will say- singing

Ok. And now to pass on this award:

Maggie Grace Creates - Teresa I heart her!!

Polka Dot Barn - Jan Such a wonderful, lovable and talented woman!

Arty Retreat- June Be prepared for eye candy galore!

Art By Wanda- Wanda OMG- Wendy Vecchi better watch out! lol, I'm serious!

Thrifty Miss Priss- Robin Such a sweetie- you must check out the awesome project she did with a crib bumper!!

Time for beddy now :) I hope you've enjoyed your visit and thank you for coming! *Hugs*

11 comments:

Gloria said...

Oh Julie..They are both so cute and so girly....

June said...

Hi Julie, thanks so much for thinking of me for the award and for the lovely words. I shall add the award to my blog soon and many thanks
june xxx

Anonymous said...

I love the House It is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie!!!! Girl.......The house is darn right ADORABLE!!!! So cute and HAPPY looking!!!! I LOVE it....I want a house on that block!!!!! :)
And your Tag...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, CUTE isn't quite the word....I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It is SO girly and PERFECT for a little girl!!!! AMAZING job girl!!!!! Amazing!!!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

ahhhhhhh they are both so SWEET!!

Chrystal S said...

Love them both Julie! That house sure did make me smile!

Jan Thomason said...

first, i LOVE your house and i COVET *lol* the tag. Both are so darling, but that tag is calling my name:)

Thank you so very much for bestowing such a wonderful award on me. I appreciate you thinking so highly of me, as I do of you.

I have enjoyed getting to know you and am so glad we're becoming good friends.
I, however, have a no award policy.
But, for you, I want to tell you my five favorite things to do:
1. Worship - especially through music
2. Play in my studio when I'm not under a deadline. That's why I don't especially like custom orders!
3. Spend hours online keeping up with my blog posting, my friend's blogs, and SHOPPING!
4. Driving back roads in my convertible with my camera.
5. Being with my family. I love my family so much.

And, i simply adore you!
I'll email when I get back from my b'day trip this weekend!! woohoo!!

xoxo, jan

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

So, so cute...thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment!

Anonymous said...

Your house is adorable...makes me hungry for sure. And your tag is just perfect. You do such wonderful Art....as always.
Love,
Rita

Diann said...

What a wonderful home and it is mine! Thank you so much for creating somewhere I'd love to live.....a home full of edible goodies! I'll be able to entertain all I like - can't beat this kind of living! Thanks, Julie! Diann

Diann said...

Julie, I was so carried away with the fabulous house that I forgot to mention the tag....and it is awesome! I love the design! Diann