Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Journals for Cancer Patients

One of my friends on the ArtHavenCreations yahoo group is looking for journal donations for patients fighting cancer. Any kind of journal, decorated in any way you might choose, would be perfect! These journals will be given to patients so that they may have a special place to write their feelings, draw, doodle, or put special items in them as they fight their battle with cancer. If you would like more information on this project, please don't hesitate to contact Shirley Nagel at SRCattle@aol.com. She will be able to provide you with more details and her mailing address so you can send her your artwork.

Thanks for visiting! :)

6 comments:

celestemlombas said...

This is such a great idea. I will email her soon. My fiance lost her fight with cancer 2yrs this christmas. So I would to do one to make the day of someone suffering from this awful diease.

Jan Thomason said...

I think your idea is wonderful! I am going to make journals for the people i know with cancer and maybe it will grow.
fabulous idea!

thanks for sharing and I wish you all the best,
jan

celestemlombas said...

Julie Ann
I tried to email to Shirley and the email keeps coming back to me is there any way you can have her email me or something?
celestemlombas@yahoo.com
celestelombas@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Julie, thank you so much for posting my Journal Project on your blog. Celeste was able to get in touch with me. And Jan...that is wonderful if you make some journals directly for someone you know. I just know how pleased my Sister in Law was with hers and that is how I got the idea. I could ask for nothing more than someone with cancer has a pretty place to write down their thoughts. Thank you all so much...shirley nagel srcattle@aol.com

Diann said...

Wonderful write up for Shirley's quest...I'm joining in too, Julie, as it is such a worthy cause! Diann

Winchester Manor said...

What a fabulous idea! I'm going to email Shirly for more info. Thanks for passing this along. I'll also pass this post along to some very creative gals that I know would like to get involved as well.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Karyn