Monday, June 8, 2009

Something new...

Someone from the message group posted something about how we should learn something new every day... Well, tonight I spent the night learning by trial, error, and googling tutorials for PSE and here's the result!


Ok... this took me the entire night!!! Oh, PS- this is JUST a picture... not anything tangible. Matt thought I made it- like a scrapbook page or something... Nope... just pixels!!
This is Matt's new niece- and my new niece-to-be! She was born yesterday in the wee hours of the morning. I wanted to make this because his sister and husband have just been uploading pictures to their facebook pages from their cell phones. But they don't have time to sit and fix the pics, as they're all sideways(!), so I figured I'd make them something pretty. I'm still working on that other thing for them, but it's not done yet... Actually, I kind of don't know what to do with it!!
Yesterday, we went to the craft fair, but it was so tiny that I think we spent more time walking from the car to the entrance than actually at the fair!! The website said there were accepting applications for up to 60 vendors there, but I honestly don't think there were more than 20! Since we only spent like 10-20 minutes there, I convinced Matt to go to the flea market!! So we went there, but I didn't end up getting anything. Matt bought a wooden mallet- to which the vendor told him "Don't use that on anyone here!" hehe.
Then I convinced him to go to the better flea market out in Clarence. What a gorgeous day to walk around outside! There were much better items there, but I didn't see any vintage cards, which is what I was looking for. A lamp with feathers around the bottom of the shade caught my eye, but it was already being taken away by the lucky new owner. There were also some old risque magazines- those tiny little ones- which I thought about buying because I thought I could do something with a pinup girl theme, but I didn't end up getting them. All in all, I didn't buy anything(!) but it was still fun looking. :)
I went to the craft store tonight after work to look at different jewelry boxes since Ewelina wants me to make one for her, but didn't see any large ones. However, I did end up buying a bunch of ribbon, some more stuff to make pretty, flowers, charms, and things that I can't remember because the bag is still in my trunk because I was trying to hide it from Matt!! Lol- guess it won't be a secret anymore after he reads this post. :) He made my favorite dinner tonight- veggie spaghetti!! Garlic, onions, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes over wheat spaghetti! Yum yum yum!!!!! A happy girl I am :)

No comments: