Thursday, April 29, 2010

Petticoats & Parasols

Once upon a time, a shy young girl woke up and found herself living in a dream…

Georgia 007

Beauty was everywhere she turned…

Georgia 005 

Sweet delicacies of the finest kind were laid out for all to enjoy…

Sugar-Bar

Sugar-Bar2

Graciously prepared by the angel with the biggest heart, Rosalyn-Sue.

Rosalyn-Sue

A pile of presents awaited each girl who wished for one…

Presents

And she made posie princess boxes in return…

PosiePrincesses

PosiePrincess 

And an exquisite feast was laid out alongside beautiful peach concoctions to be shared among all the travelers.

Suddenly, another beautiful angel appeared to welcome her to this fine place…

Jenn-and-Cassandra Jennnifer Hayslip & Cassandra VanCuren

And an awe inspiring speech about the strength and creativity of women commenced…

Jo-Speaking Jo Packham

New friendships were formed…

Karen-and-Jodie Karen DeCapite & Jodie LeJeune

And old ones renewed…

Jo-Tiffany-Amada Jo Packham, Tiffany Kirchner Dixon, & Amada Lebel

Which kept the scary ghosts at bay…

Ghosts

In the morning, a splendid breakfast was enjoyed by all before they continued on our journey of delights.

Beautiful treasures were found…

Cassandra-with-Nest Cassandra VanCuren

Kewpie-Plate

Pig-Lamp

And the young girl was entertained by a sweet baby boy and his shiny marble…

Coe-Polk Coe Polk

In the midst of incredible scenery…

Horse-and-Carriage 

And then pirates invaded their party!  Stealing the heart of one of their own…

Pirate-and-Cassandra 

And trying to make off with the Little Bluebird…

Pirate-and-Coe

But Marvin came to the rescue…

Marvin

And they were whisked away to a delightful bakery, filled with Southern Belles in their finest and beautiful trinkets to be had…

Angelas-Table

Cassandras-Table

The sky filled with clouds the next morning, and refreshing rain poured down from the skies, brining showers of creativity and talent…

Craft-Day

Beauty was everywhere…

Craft-Table

And gifts of knowledge were bestowed upon them…

Craft-Table1

It was hard to leave this beautiful place of sharing, friendship, and creativity…

Ford-Plantation

But the shy young girl made such wonderful friendships during her stay, she knew she would live happily ever after.

 

me-joanna-amada

me-and-karen

me-and-jodie

me-sherry-amada

27 comments:

Shelly said...

Ackkk! Fun pics! Looks like "ya'll" had a great time~

I'm glad you got to meet up with Amada! She's great. I saw her goodies that she brought, too lovely!

Since You've been "MIA" Lulu Kellog and I signed up for Silver Bella in November!

And, I'm having a giveaway over at Bungalow Bling,,,ends tomorrow so stop over and post on Last Fridays!

Hugs and welcome "back!"
Shell

maggiegracecreates said...

Great post. Love you. Glad you came to stay. My mama loved you too.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

Cathy said...

Hi Julie Ann,

I love the last picture of you and your two partners in crime! This was a beautiful blog post with gorgeous pictures.

Hey, where's the gorgeous Princess Catherine? I think she needs a post of her very own. lol Did you by chance get any pictures of my display? Mine came out terrible.

Have a wonderful weekend while I sit here in bed with the flu! CRAPOLA!!!

Love you my sweet friend.

xo Cath

Debby said...

What a beautiful post. I have been reading about this weekend all over blogland and I have to say I am just plain jealous. How fun to meet your blog buddies and play and see so many wonderful things.
Good for you.
Debby

overthetopstudios said...

OKay, I am crying. I had to call my hubby over to look at your post. This was such a sweet story sweetie. I loved the picture of Coe. Did I spell that right?
Sweetie, I love you so much. Really! I know that sounds fake , but I really do. Can we stay friends forever? You know I wouldn't have made it without you. i want to have another pajama party with all of us and Cathy Scalise. TeeHee!
(H-E-L-P-M-E) Love you hun, be nice to those rats this week okay!
Hugs,
Amada

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

What a sweet story about a sweet girl! So glad you could go, Julie!Hey, I want to see you in your dress!!!! :)

Gypsy Mermaid said...

awww I am so happy you had a blast you so deserved it! Your such a sweetheart. Cute pictures and the story was sooo sweet! Ek makes me sad though wish I could been there cheesing it up with yall!! Didnt Jennifer out do herself! My gosh its like a shabby southern heaven! hehe Big hugs

toodles-
sarah

Angela said...

I am so glad that I got to meet you at vendor night and I am so sorry my brain had shut off when you told me who you were...duh. I was too wrapped up in Joanna's trick and well I was just plain dumb. I wish I could have hung out with you more and I can't wait till we all get together again.
love,
angela

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I am so sad to have missed this! Last year, I was at Jenn's first event and it was so special. I hope she has many, many more in the future.

Monica@The White Bench said...

What a FABULOUS post!! Thanks for sharing this event with us! It looks like you had so much fun!
Monica.

Lee @ The Way I See It said...

Oh, this looks fun. I went down to Georgia to our own girl's weekend last year. You msut have had fun!! Thanks for stopping by.

Cathy said...

Hi Pumpkin,

Just dropping by to say hello to a few sweet friends before I crawl back into bed to get well from this terrible flu. Have a wonderful warm weekend.

xo Cathy

p.s. Please drop back by my blog. I'm looking for votes for the Vetcy Award. lol

Thanks again,

Cath

Jenny Fowler said...

So gorgeous! I would be going gaga over all that beauty!

tales from an oc cottage said...

What an amazing time you must have had!

m ^..^

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Julie Ann!!!
This was the sweetest post about the event that I've EVER read yet...I didn't know you were a "story teller" amoung all the other talents you have!!!! ;)
Seriously girl, no one could have summed up the weekend better.
My only regret was that I didn't have enough time with you...you know, quiet time to visit with you one on one. It was a whirlwind of pink and ooohing and aaaahing...much more than this little brain of mine can take.
I was totally overwhelmed. Matter of fact...it's hard to believe that we were under a wet tent this time last week! It seems like just yesterday. I've still never caught up on my sleep nor have I unpacked. Surprised? not me...that's how I roll!
I miss you.
smooches!!!!!

Karen said...

LOVE IT ALL! Describes our wonderful long weekend perfectly!
GIRL!
Can you believe it's over? sigh.
I am so glad to have met you! And now we can look forward to seeing one another at the next event . . . which is . . WHAT?
In the meantime I'll be stalking your blog ... (heheheh)
Thanks for the wonderful time! Karen

Diann said...

I enjoyed your sweet post so very much - you sure had a grand time and I know this was loads of fun!
Loved all your pictures! Diann

Elyse said...

how fun!!!

xo
elyse

Katsui Jewelry said...

You did a beautiful job writing about this event. It really touched me because I would be a shy girl!

Suz

Pinkie Denise said...

Oh everyone seems to be having such a good time. I love all the beautiful pictures.

Natasha Burns said...

oh it looked like SO much wonderful fun! Jenn does the most amazing events and thinks of the most tiny details. i bet you had a blast - and made some wonderful new friends! wish i was there!

Sandy Michelle said...

Once upon a time I was green with envy..LOL!! Wow it looked like a FABULOUS time! Isn't Sherry (in the last pic) so sweet!?!

Sand xox

Judee said...

Julie, what a wonderful story! Your pictures are fantastic....I can't even imagine being surrounded with all of those beautiful things, and friends. I know you had a vacation of a lifetime, and what wonderful memories you made. Thanks for sharing your blog pictures with me.
Hugs, Judee

Jan Vermillion-Thomason said...

i just finished backing up alllll of my photos and the first thing i'm doing is coming to your blog to check out your trip to georgia!!

it certainly looks like you had a really good time and were surrounded by wonderful women who love creating, too:)

you are a precious shy, young girl and i love you dearly.
(You're also quite beautiful as is evidenced in the photos!!)

xxxooo, jan

Cassandra said...

I miss this! I miss it so much! I can't wait to see everyone again! lol gosh that pirate picture kills me lol. Miss you. :) xo Cassandra

P.S gosh your blog looks lovely!

vintage rings said...

ok after reading this post I need to join more swaps lol. great tussie mussies. I wish I had gone to Parasols and Petticoats it looked like so much fun. beautiful blog.